Monday, April 28, 2008

Jesus, Friend of Sinners!


At the Together for the Gospel 2008 conference, the Sovereign Grace Ministries booth was distributing their most recent Song Sampler CD. Where have I been? This music is incredible, God-honoring, and gospel-centered! I have been listening to this CD in my car non-stop, and I thought I would share the words to one of these incredible songs:

His Forever

Jesus, friend of sinners
Loved me ’ere I knew Him
Drew me with His cords of love
Tightly bound me to Him
’Round my heart still closely twined
The ties that none can sever
For I am His and He is mine
Forever and forever

Jesus, friend of sinners
A crown of thorns You wore for me
Bruised for my transgressions
Pierced for my iniquities
The wrath of God that I deserved
Was poured out on the Innocent
He took my place, my soul to save
Now I am His forever

Jesus, friend of sinners
I love to tell the story
Redeeming love has been my theme
And will be when in glory
Not death nor life nor anything
Can ever separate me
O love that will not let me go
Yes, I am His forever


You can actually download this song and another for free at the Pierced for our Transgressions web site.

Enjoy!

~ Todd ~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our church (CrossWay Community in Bristol WI, Mike Bullmore sr pastor) is a friend of Mahaney's Sovereign Grace so we sell their CDs. I couldn't agree with you more! I listen to Sovereign Grace CDs constantly and I never get tired of them. God help me if I ever get tired of the Gospel! My wife bought me "The Valley of Vision" CD which is based on the Puritan prayers. It's incredible. "Upward" is my favorite though. sdg!, Jeff

Unknown said...

Hey Jeff! I've purchased several CDs since I posted this, and I agree! Sovereign Grace Music is incredibly rich and helpful for walking with Christ! I think the Psalms CD is magnificent...