Monday, November 05, 2007

The Mystery of the Mind, Migraines, and Moving

Wow, this weekend was crazy. I spent all day Saturday working on a paper for my Doctrine of Humanity and Sin class with Dr. Allison. You might think I would be more than 1/4 the way through with it, but I decided to tackle a topic that I have little experience with. Thus, I have to do tons of research. My topic? Oh, yeah, neuroscience and theology. Yeah, I know, I'm crazy. My wife already told me.

Nothing sidelines your plans quite like a migraine, however. Well, except for two migraines. I woke up early to try to take advantage of the time change, and about 7:30 Sunday morning I started seeing an aura, which is described as "the perceptual disturbance experienced by some migraine sufferers before a migraine headache." My vision becomes distorted by sparklies. Kinda neat except you can't see very good and the pain that you know is coming makes you nauseous to think about. So I missed worship yesterday morning (totally bummed), and I missed work today (not so bummed--I need to work on this paper).

I did recover enough yesterday to help a brother move, and we enjoyed spending time with the Delaneys. We finished up watching Luther last night, and now I need to finish up my paper. So I hope you had a better weekend than I did!

Todd

No comments: