Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Recommended Reading

Several weeks, OK, months ago, I sent out some emails to a few of my professors asking them to list the books that were most influential in their lives. I am going to try to consolidate the list into a single reference, and I will try to indicate who recommended each book. Here goes:

Books Recommended by More Than One Professor
Everything Else
Dr. Schreiner recommended any book from John Piper, D. A. Carson, J. I. Packer, John Calvin, Jonathan Edwards, Augustine (especially against Pelagius), Martin Luther, and Martin Lloyd Jones (despite his occasional charismatic tendencies). In addition, Dr. Sills pointed me to his web site for a list of his recommended books that he compiled at one time from Southern Seminary professors.

Thanks to Gregg Allison, Michael Haykin, Russell Moore, Rob Plummer, Tom Schreiner, David Sills, and Bruce Ware.

No comments: