Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Qoutables...

I have decided to begin using my blog as a quote repository. I have been reading The Dangerous Duty of Delight by John Piper, and he quotes several great men including C. S. Lewis and Jonathan Edwards. Once I heard Piper say that books don't change people; sentences change people. I think this is why quotes are so powerful.

I am planning to post these and many other great quotes, and I will begin my list with a quote from C. H. Spurgeon concerning the doctrine of election:
I believe the doctrine of election, because I am quite sure that if God had not chosen me I should never have chosen Him; and I am sure He chose me before I was born, or else He never would have chosen me afterwards; and He must have elected me for reasons unknown to me, for I never could find and reason in myself why He should have looked upon me with special love. So I am forced to accept that doctrine.
-- C. H. Spurgeon in Lectures to My Students

No comments: