Thursday, May 18, 2006

Overflow...

Well, I am home again, after my recent visit to Cleveland. What an incredible three days of worship and fellowship! I attended the Basics 2006 Conference at Parkside Church (as I mentioned in the last post). This conference is focused, obviously, on the "basics"; this year the subject was evangelism in and through the local church. Alistair Begg, pastor of Parkside, invited two speakers to the conference; Vaughan Roberts, rector (pastor) of St. Ebbe's Church in Oxford, England, and John Dickson, evangelist and writer from Sydney, Australia. I am still processing and contemplating the sessions, and I hope to share some of the insights I gained from the conference. I plan to type up notes that I took, books that I want, great quotes, and personal meditations.

Here is a list of the books that I purchased while at the conference:
  • On Being a Pastor, Derek Prime and Alistair Begg
  • Lasting Love: How to Avoid Marital Failure, Alistair Begg
  • If I Were God, I'd End All the Pain, John Dickson
  • Simply Christianity: A Modern Guide to the Ancient Faith, John Dickson
  • Life's Big Questions: Six Major Themes Traced Through the Bible, Vaughan Roberts
  • Reforming Marriage, Douglas Wilson
I have already started reading If I Were God, I'd End All the Pain, and it is a helpful treatment of the place of suffering in this life. Well, that's all for now...

No comments: