Tuesday, September 18, 2007

BibleMap.org

I was studying Genesis 14 today in my daily devotion, and I was interested to see all the cities and towns on a map, even if they were rough estimates. I was particularly interested to understand what length Abram traveled to rescue Lot from the Elamites. So, I fired up my browser and typed in "bible maps" in the search bar. Abracadabra, hocus-pocus => BibleMap.org:



This is a very cool site that uses Google Maps to plot the locations of biblical points of interest in a passage of Scripture. You select your chapter from the window on the left, and the map lists the locations on the map below. The site is only in beta testing, but it looks really good and I'm looking forward to employing it regularly!

Back to my studies,

Todd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great tool! Thanks for the heads up.